Types of forklifts
Electric forklifts can generally be divided into three categories: pallet trucks, stackers, and forklifts
Pallet trucks are usually used in cargo handling tasks such as indoors, workshops, and warehouses. Because of its compact body, flexible movement, lightweight, and good environmental performance, it is widely used in the storage industry.
The pallet truck has a manual type and stand-on type, which can be selected according to needs. Generally, each group of batteries can work for eight hours, so backup batteries are required for different tasks.
The stacker truck is generally electric control, which saves energy. The fork can lift 1-5 meters, and the load-bearing capacity is 0.5t-3t. Stackers are generally equipped with multi-function operating handles, and all operating functions can be completed with one hand.
Forklifts are used in ports, stations, airports, freight yards, factory workshops, warehouses, circulation centers, and distribution centers, etc., loading and unloading and handling pallet goods in cabins, carriages, and containers. They are essential for pallet transportation and container transportation. equipment. The operating requirements of forklifts include general requirements such as pallet or cargo specifications, lifting height, operating channel width, gradeability, etc., and also need to consider operating efficiency (different models have different efficiency), operating habits (such as accustomed to sitting or standing), etc. Requirements.
How to choose a forklift?
Generally, factors to consider before buying a forklift
(1) What kind of goods are handled by the customer: such as paper rolls, soft bags, barrels, household appliances, tubes, pallets, etc.
(2) Cargo weight: (including pallets) kg, length (along the direction of travel) mm, width/diameter mm, height mm.
(3) Outer surface/contact surface (outer packaging).
(4) Mode of transportation: a. Pallet transportation: the size of the cargo pallet mm, the height of the pallet jack in mm; b. Non-pallet transportation: the distance between the cargo stacks in mm, and the number of pieces of the cargo.
(5) Specific handling information/actual environment: how the customer will handle these goods: push/clamp/rotate (horizontal to the driving direction) / roll (horizontal to the driving direction) / lateral movement/roll (along the driving direction) / Loading the rear of the car / Loading the side of the car.
(6) Customer status information: How does the customer solve the handling problem so far? How do they want to improve? What are their ideas?
(7) What are the restrictions in practical applications: height, length, width, weight, and others.
(8) Application fields of attachments: smelters, construction sites, warehouses, special occasions, etc.
(9) Environmental factors: explosive areas, dust, high temperature, low temperature, acidity, sugar, salt, food, nutrition, beverages, etc.
(10) Regarding forklift: forklift model, mast type, selected attachment type, action function, and determine the number of additional oil circuits for the forklift according to the attachment type and function.
Choose a forklift to consider the overall solution
Different warehousing modes require different forklifts, and the matching modes achieved are very different in terms of first-in-first-out, or first-in-last-out, space utilization, operation efficiency, and investment costs. For example, traditional heavy-duty racks combined with counterbalanced forklifts can realize forklifts at any rack position, with high operating efficiency, moderate investment costs, wide application areas, but insufficient space utilization; drive-in racks often cooperate with reach forklifts Or the use of small-tonnage counterbalanced forklifts, with high stacking density and good space utilization, but it is impossible to fork and pick up goods at any shelf position.
Fully understand the operating environment of the forklift you need, and then choose the appropriate model and configuration
What are the goods you are moving to? What size cardboard is used? Do you want to enter the elevator or container? What is the size of the channel?
Forklifts have the basic functions of horizontally moving goods and lifting, as well as stacking, loading, and picking capabilities. Under the condition of fully understanding the weight, volume, shape and height of the goods that need to be lifted and the channel conditions inside the plant (channel width, ground load-bearing, whether anti-static, dust-proof, pollution-proof, explosion-proof, noise) and other information, you can basically Determine what kind of forklift you need and how to configure it.