The cold rolling process of thread rolling is an advanced non-cutting process, which can effectively improve the internal and surface quality of the workpiece. The radial compressive stress generated during processing can significantly improve the fatigue strength of the workpiece. and torsional strength, it is an ideal process with high efficiency, energy saving, and low consumption.
Let’s take a look at how to use the steel straight-thread rolling machine.
1. Adjustment of the machine.
To change the position of the automatic manual switch of the electrical control box, you can choose automatic or pedal rolling. Automatic circulation rolling: Turn the rolling button of the electrical control box to the automatic position, and the movable thread rolling shaft will reciprocate under the control of the time relay.
Manual rolling: Turn the rolling switch of the electrical control box to the manual position, and then press the manual rolling switch, the movable thread rolling wheel can be used for work.
Foot rolling: Turn the rolling switch to the manual position, and the movable thread rolling wheel can work under the control of the foot switch.
2. Installation of the thread rolling wheel.
Unscrew the hexagon socket head cap screw of the thread rolling shaft head cover of the threading machine, remove the front bearing seat of the thread rolling shaft to install the thread rolling wheel, and adjust the axial position of the thread rolling wheel with the spacer or fine adjustment.
3. Adjustment of T-shaped bracket and support block.
The position of the T-shaped bracket is adjusted according to the diameter of the rolling wheel and the diameter of the rolling material. Loosen the two fixing screws on the T-shaped bracket and move the T-shaped bracket to the appropriate position. The support block used on the bracket is welded with cemented carbide, which is ground and ground. The surface of the cemented carbide is required to be smooth and straight. The choice of the width of the support block is related to the diameter of the workpiece to be processed.
Adjustment of the T-shaped bracket: The T-shaped bracket is used to support the workpiece and keep it in a correct position between the two rolling wheels for rolling. (If special specifications of T-shaped brackets or support blocks are required, users should prepare them.) The T-shaped bracket of this machine is fixed at the center position below the second rolling shaft. As the diameter of the workpiece changes, so does the position of the bracket.
At this time, the center distance of the two thread rolling wheels is the initial center distance of the rolled workpiece, and the final value should be further adjusted according to the center diameter of the workpiece during the test rolling.
Adjustment method of indentation method:
(1) The time method is the same as the above, but the workpiece blank without thread is placed in the opposite tooth position.
(2) Shake the center distance adjustment handle of the main shaft, so that the two thread rolling wheels are clamped to the workpiece blank, and the clamping degree is such that the visible indentation can be pressed out.
(3) Shake the pulley to drive the main shaft, and drive the two thread rolling wheels to press the workpiece to make the workpiece rotate half a circle.
(4) Reverse the “spindle center distance adjustment handle”, remove the workpiece blank, and observe whether the indentation tooth position is adjusted properly. If the tooth position is not adjusted, it needs to be adjusted.
(5) When adjusting by the indentation method, the center distance of the two main shafts is greater than the center distance of the normal rolling working time, so it is necessary to shake the “main shaft center distance adjustment handle” at the adjusted position to shorten the distance between the two rolling wheels by two The distance of the tooth height (that is, 2 2/3 pitches). The correct center distance should be adjusted and determined according to the working pitch diameter during the test rolling process. Hydraulic stroke consists of two parts: working stroke and idle stroke.
The working stroke corresponds to the tooth profile height of the thread. The idle stroke is the stroke required by the process and operation. Under the allowable conditions, the smaller the idle stroke, the higher the production volume.