What is a concrete pump?
A concrete pump is a tool used to transport the freshly mixed liquid concrete to the required location on the construction site. It works using the basic principles of valve systems and hydraulics.
How does the concrete pump work?
- The working principle of the concrete pump is that one piston sucks liquid concrete from the hopper into the cylinder, while the other piston simultaneously pushes the concrete out of the discharge pipe. Each time the piston reaches the end, determine which cylinder opens the concrete hopper and which cylinder switches the valve that opens the discharge pipe, and then the process continues. The first cylinder is now unloading, and the second cylinder removes fresh concrete from the hopper.
- The internal working principle of a double-cylinder hydraulic concrete pump is usually composed of two parallel cylinders. There are driving pistons inside the cylinder, which can move them back and forth in opposite directions. When one cylinder moves forward, the other cylinder moves backward. When one cylinder moves backward, the other cylinder moves forward.The first cylinder, also called the material tank, pulls the concrete out of the hopper. The second cylinder, the discharge cylinder, pushes the concrete from the pump to the desired position. The two pistons work together to alternately pull in and push out their volume of liquid concrete. The hydraulic flow produced by the continuous flow of concrete is the cause of the alternating back and forth of the two cylinders. This continuous flow is also important to prevent the solidification of liquid concrete.
Different types of concrete pumps
- There are several basic types of concrete pumps-concrete line pumps and concrete boom pumps.
- Static concrete pumps also called a stationary, line pumps, or trailer-mounted concrete pumps, are installed on a trailer and need to be connected to a separate pipe to reach any place where concrete needs to be placed. The pipe is a series of steel pipes or rubber pipes, also called concrete pouring hoses, connected together and manually connected to the outlet of the pump. The other end of the pipe can be connected to a separate laying arm, allowing concrete to be poured quickly and accurately over a large area, or it may just be manually poured with a rubber pouring hose. Static pumps need to be towed or transported separately to the worksite. The advantage of a static pump is that the pipeline can be very long, so the actual pump can be far away from the place where the concrete is poured; maybe a few hundred meters or even a few kilometers away. This makes static pumps essential for tunnel projects and high-rise buildings. The capacity range of static concrete pumps is much larger than that used on mobile pumps
- The boom pump extends in the air and pumps the concrete to the place where it needs to be transported. It has a long and flexible remote control arm composed of joint parts, which stretch into the air like a crane. Boom pumps can be used in hard-to-reach areas that cannot be reached by pipeline pumps, such as high-rises or high-rise apartment buildings. They can also cross the house into the yard and build a backyard swimming pool or garden feature. When the boom is not in use, it will be folded into a neat part and placed on the back of the truck for transportation.
Where are concrete pumps used?
- Floor building foundation: Buildings without basements use concrete slabs as the foundation. There must be a solid foundation that will not allow water to penetrate, crack or sag.
- Use the basement to build the foundation: For buildings with a basement, the laying process of the foundation is more complicated.
- High-rise buildings: For high-rise buildings, boom pumps are usually essential because of the height and range it provides.
- Highway overpasses and tunnels: Highway overpasses must be made of durable reinforced concrete to support the daily traffic volume. The road tunnel must also be strong enough not to collapse under the weight of the earth above it.
- Bridges and dams: Bridges and dams must be large and strong to support the weight of heavy vehicles and strong water pressure.
- Parking structure: The parking garage is usually composed of multiple floors. Without a concrete pump, it is difficult to pour concrete into higher floors.
IDEAL Concrete Pumps
- At IDEAL Concrete Pumps, this line pump gives you great flexibility and control, which is very convenient for residential projects such as repaving a driveway or building a swimming pool. Concrete line pumps also work extremely well for smaller commercial projects. we specialize inline pumps. We are premier concrete line pump manufacturers who can provide the concrete line pump you need for fast, efficient pumping right now.
- A few of the many models we offer include the following:
- <1>30KW concrete line pump(IDS-25): This is our basic model
- It is ideal for commercial and residential applications where mobility is a high priority. The small size of the pump allows it to work in narrow spaces, such as under bridges and inside tunnels.
- <2>55kw concrete line pump(IDP-40): This is our upgrade model
- It is an ideal choice for construction sites. Its pipeline horizontal and vertical transmission distances are 210 meters and 110 meters, which can provide sufficient passage to high places.
- <3>Diesel engine concrete line pump: This is our hot products
- It is a mobile concrete pump suitable for medium-sized construction sites. This pump is our selling product. It can be used for backfill grouting in a water tunnel, subways, mine construction, etc.
Partner with IDEAL MACHINERY for your concrete line pump needs
Our concrete line pumps are very user-friendly, provide a simple, intuitive design and easy-to-clean hopper, so your team does not need to spend hours on maintenance, cleaning, or figuring out how your machine works. For a customized quotation for concrete, a pipeline pump suitable for your business, please contact us immediately. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff members offer technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.